- Age: 28
- Job: Sports Reporter at The Columbian (Vancouver, Washington)
- Hometown: Portland, Oregon
- Education: Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon 2016
- Major: Journalism
- Currently a sports reporter at The Columbian, a daily newspaper in Vancouver, Washington.
- Previously, I worked for the Chico Enterprise-Record in Chico, California as a sports reporter, while also reporting occasional news stories on wildfires, COVID-19 and public safety. I was part of a staff named a Pulitzer Prize finalist in 2019 for our coverage of the 2018 Camp Fire, the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California history.
During my nearly three-year tenure, four of my stories were recognized by the California Newspaper Publishers Association between 2018 and 2020, including a pair of first-place awards for “Sports Feature Story” and “Sports Game Story.”
- From November 2016 to April 2018, I was the sports editor of the Madras Pioneer, a weekly newspaper in central Oregon covering Jefferson County. As a one-person department, I was responsible for all facets of the sports section. This includes writing a majority of stories, shooting photos and video, laying out weekly print sections using Adobe InDesign, managing Facebook and Twitter accounts, etc.
I won two awards at the 2018 Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association’s “Better Newspaper Contest” in the categories of “Best Sports Story” and “Best Sports Photo.”
- Also formerly a news reporting intern at the East Oregonian via the Charles Snowden Internship Program. I covered a little bit of everything, but specialized in business and community affairs, plus an occasional sports assignment. I also wrote feature stories for the EO’s annual Round-Up Magazine and Umatilla County Fair tab.
- Wrote for the Daily Emerald, the University of Oregon’s independent campus newspaper, during my junior and senior years of college. My beats included UO football, men’s basketball, golf and tennis.
- My ultimate career goal is to become a beat reporter for a collegiate or professional sports team. Through my experience covering both sports and news, I have a passion for reporting on daily news, though I’m always looking for big-picture topics and trends. I aim to tell stories that resonate with audiences beyond people invested in sports, and in many cases, uncover stories of people and issues that were previously unknown.